Jaguar XJS Owners & Enthusiasts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jaguar XJS bonnet alignment

Go down

Jaguar XJS bonnet alignment Empty Jaguar XJS bonnet alignment

Post  Tommievox Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:36 am

Please note - this is not a question regarding the bonnet catches/wire mechanism adjustment. I spent many hours replacing my bonnet wires/catch mechanism after buying the car so i know everything there is to know about that!

This is to do with the fact that despite the catches being perfectly adjusted to pull down the corners of the bonnet, the passenger side just won't sit right. The corner is tight and to the scuttle panel as it should be, but as you can see from the pics, it then rises up infront of the windscreen wiper about 5mm. Just annoying! esp as i have got the drivers side so flush with the scuttle.

It is not due to anything catching, as i can push/force the bonnet down by hand but of course with nothing to hold it there...
It is not due to the safety lift catch, as i first thought and removed to test. Makes no difference.
Both sides catches are tight and correct via the cables, hence the corners being correct.

So - here's the passenger side -
Jaguar XJS bonnet alignment Xjs_bo12

And the drivers side which is sat correctly...
Jaguar XJS bonnet alignment Xjs_bo13

Any ideas, or has anyone else had this issue? Is it something to do with the front of the bonnet?

If not i'm going to take it to a main dealer and get them to take the bonnet off and realign from scratch perhaps!

Mike.
Tommievox
Tommievox

Back to top Go down