Jaguar XJS Owners & Enthusiasts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Princess Di's XJS

3 posters

Go down

Princess Di's XJS Empty Princess Di's XJS

Post  db.08 Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:02 am

Hi
I read somewhere lately that the XJS that Princess Di owned was sold to a private buyer (was it on Ebay??)
Does anyone know who owns the car now and where it is located? Or any photos of it?
I like to collect rare cars and would be very interested if it ever came on to the market again, but being "down under" would be unlikely to hear of it if it ever did.
If anyone has any info on this car I'd like to take a look.
Thanks.
Dave
db.08
db.08

Back to top Go down

Princess Di's XJS Empty Re: Princess Di's XJS

Post  Admin Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:44 am

I know the Jaguar Heritage had one, a cabriolet if I remember correctly, but I was under the impression that they werent allowed to sell it?
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.projectjaguar.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  db.08 Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:05 am

I think you are quite correct. For some reason I thought I'd read somewhere that her car had been sold privately.
I know the JDHT have sold some cars but they wouldn't have sold that one, and it was probably prior to them acquiring it that I'm thinking of.
I think when Princess Di sold it she bought a Merc and I just thought I'd heard somewhere that it was in the hands of a private owner, but I must be wrong.
For some reason, we have ended up with some rare Jaguars in Australia. I know that there is a Series 1 XJ 2-door Coupe prototype here, yet they were only produced in series 2.
I've seen the car (a few years ago) and have also read about it in our Jaguar Magazine. A private collector in Perth owns it.
And recently, the original Earls Court Motor Show coupe was advertised here. It was apparently originally an early chassis # left hand drive, converted to RHD by the Jaguar factory.
As far as I know, it's still for sale but requires restoration.
Dave
db.08
db.08

Back to top Go down

Princess Di's XJS Empty Princess Di's Cabriolet

Post  Bleasie Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:54 pm

The Cabriolet in question is still owned by Jaguar Heritage
Princess Di did not sell it it was as with all the royal cars returned to Jaguar
The Cabriolets that were sold at Silverstone was the Pace Car & the last built Cabriolet
Regards
Bleasie

Bleasie

http://www.jagicr.org

Back to top Go down

Post  db.08 Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:37 am

Bleasie wrote:The Cabriolet in question is still owned by Jaguar Heritage
Princess Di did not sell it it was as with all the royal cars returned to Jaguar
The Cabriolets that were sold at Silverstone was the Pace Car & the last built Cabriolet
Regards
Bleasie

Catching up with all the news.
Thanks for that info Bleasie.
Dave
db.08
db.08

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down