Jaguar XJS Owners & Enthusiasts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What registration number on your XJS?

2 posters

Go down

What registration number on your XJS? Empty What registration number on your XJS?

Post  db.08 Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:34 am

I went into the licensing centre today to see if I could order some registration plates for my car so that when it goes over the inspection pits I'd (maybe) have them ready.
Most of the good numbers were already taken of course, but plate XJS 222 was available so I ordered those, white on black, slimline for the front and normal size for the back.

It started me thinking, what other plates are there around the world on XJS's?

Please share! Question

Dave
db.08
db.08

Back to top Go down

What registration number on your XJS? Empty Re: What registration number on your XJS?

Post  Admin Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:17 am

There was one on eBay a week or so ago, something like M7 XJS, but its too new for my car so I couldnt have it Sad

There are occasionally a few on eBay, but all a bit pricey. Are the Australian plates like British plates? I have seen a couple with XJS at the end and at the beginning at shows, and am always very envious lol! Laughing
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.projectjaguar.co.uk

Back to top Go down

What registration number on your XJS? Empty Re: What registration number on your XJS?

Post  db.08 Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:27 am

Admin wrote:There was one on eBay a week or so ago, something like M7 XJS, but its too new for my car so I couldnt have it Sad

There are occasionally a few on eBay, but all a bit pricey. Are the Australian plates like British plates? I have seen a couple with XJS at the end and at the beginning at shows, and am always very envious lol! Laughing

We have all sorts of plates here, different in each of the States & Territories.
The ones that I got are a re-issue of plates that were made in W.A. in the 1970's & 1980's. Back then, to begin with, all of our plates started with "U" then when they ran out of them, they all started with "X."
They are now remaking them, calling them "retro" plates and charging between $150 & $230 a set for them (the black ones are $230).
Of course, all Jaguar XJS owners in W.A. got there before me, so XJS 000, 007, all the triples except 222, etc were gone, but luckily there was one left. Smile
You can also get personal plates where you can have pretty much what you like up to 9 characters, & in any order, and they cost anywhere up to $500 a set.

db.08
db.08

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:46 am

Pretty much have what you want for $500? Boy do they take the micky over here then!
Boring 7 digit plates perhaps a couple of hundred pounds (we have 7 digits max over here and in certain layouts too depending on age of car)
Plates like A1 can fetch hundreds of thousands, I believe the number 7 fetched a couple of million!
I wanted E5TAS (spells Esta's) it was £1500 and I missed out Sad
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  db.08 Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:50 am

Pretty cheap here. Some of the plates I have are:

DRB 000
MY 00
MY 007
WR 00
WR 111
WR 222
6OO 600
ESP 4.9
081 ESP

It's a shame I can't sell them in the U.K.!!!
db.08
db.08

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:54 am

It is a shame that you cant sell over here because (a) you would make a tidy profit and (b) we would get a bargain!

Plates like that would fetch a fair bit Im sure. Im pretty sure we arent allowed 0's tho (well, we can have zeros in between numbers (eg 107) but not to start a number (eg 070). Im loving MY 007. Had you bought that DB5 from the Bond Movies the other day that would have been a perfect number plate for it!! Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  db.08 Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:24 am

Admin wrote:It is a shame that you cant sell over here because (a) you would make a tidy profit and (b) we would get a bargain!

Plates like that would fetch a fair bit Im sure. Im pretty sure we arent allowed 0's tho (well, we can have zeros in between numbers (eg 107) but not to start a number (eg 070). Im loving MY 007. Had you bought that DB5 from the Bond Movies the other day that would have been a perfect number plate for it!! Very Happy

Yes it would. I quite liked that DB5....
Actually, my youngest daughter commandeered MY 007 for her car, so while it's registered in my name, it's now really hers I guess.
db.08
db.08

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:04 pm

Lucky girl!!! Surprised

Just need to persuade her now that it needs to go on an AM lol!!!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down