Jaguar XJS Owners & Enthusiasts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FOR SALE: 4l XJS facelift Bright Red

3 posters

Go down

FOR SALE: 4l XJS facelift Bright Red Empty FOR SALE: 4l XJS facelift Bright Red

Post  Admin Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:37 pm

Sadly, after much deliberation and the loss of my rented garage, I cant bear the thought of any more hours in the blistering cold, so Jack is now up for sale:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270672766848&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Many of my regulars will know how much work has been put in to him, and I pray he goes to a good home.
Sadly for me tho, I am now having to consider a newer car to get me to work and back until the day when I am lucky enough to own my own garage and then I shall be back with an XJS!

Last edited by Admin on Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.projectjaguar.co.uk

Back to top Go down

FOR SALE: 4l XJS facelift Bright Red Empty Re: FOR SALE: 4l XJS facelift Bright Red

Post  db.08 Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:45 am

That's really sad news.
Crying or Very sad
Is there no way around it? How can we have the founder of the forum without an XJS?
I hope it all works out for the best for you and I guess there are always cars for you to buy in the future, so hopefully an enthusiast buys yours and gets lots of enjoyment from it as I'm sure you have.
Dave
db.08
db.08

Back to top Go down

FOR SALE: 4l XJS facelift Bright Red Empty Re: FOR SALE: 4l XJS facelift Bright Red

Post  db.08 Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:48 am

P.S.
The link didn't work for me Esta-Jane. It says it is no longer available.
Have you changed your mind? Question
db.08
db.08

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:54 am

hello!

unfortunately there is no way around it. I have no where of keepin the car, as the garage is gone and stupid uk law says if u keep it on the road it needs road tax Sad
trust me, i have thought about it over the past couple of weeks, i didnt want to share it with anyone cos I hoped the problem would go away lol! even my boyfriend was shocked when i announced it haha!!

i will still have a passion for the xjs as the founder even if i dont have one (altho i have loadsa models lol!!) one day i will come back with one again!! Very Happy

ps link fixed Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  db.08 Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:56 am

Ok, well the best of luck with the sale and there must be another one waiting for you somewhere.
What is that with road tax? If it's parked on a road you pay more...?
db.08
db.08

Back to top Go down

Post  db.08 Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:02 am

Just checked out your ad, it looks great.
But what's that white powdery stuff on top of the car? Is it icing sugar? Laughing
I think you should get some interest in it as you have been totally honest and up front which is the only way to be when selling something, so good luck.
Dave
db.08
db.08

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:45 pm

db.08 wrote:Ok, well the best of luck with the sale and there must be another one waiting for you somewhere.
What is that with road tax? If it's parked on a road you pay more...?

If its off the road you pay no tax, if there is even a half inch of tyre on the road you need tax - even if you are NOT driving it! Sad
The things we have to do because of all the knobs out there who drive untaxed cars! Us honest people as usual suffer! Mad
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Facelift Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:52 am

E-J I'm gutted!

I haven't logged on to any forums for a while but I saw your post on another forum from 22/11/10 so immediately had to come on here to get up to date.

Wow. What a shame. I do understand though. I live in a 1st floor maisonette with an allocated off road parking space which is why I have been able to get away with working on my car for long periods without a tax disk. Just kept it covered with a tarpaulin.

Good advert on ebay btw. I was seriously considering requesting a view before putting in a bid but have just managed to stop myself.
Still work to be done on mine which is quite demanding. I need to rebuild the front end due to corrosion.

I REALLY REALLY hope you find a good buyer, I would have thought someone will snap it up - I would have!

Am now going to check out your blog on the wordpress site to get up to date.

Incidentally I dug out that article about you in the Jan. 2010 Jag. Enthusiast's magazine the other day. I remembered it at the time and had been meaning to go back to it ever since I joined here in August.

Facelift

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:36 am

Hia facelift!thanks for the message.

Im so gutted about it, and iam also v jealous of your off road parking haha!! still, its no fun out in the snow either, as i have told some others, the other week i was out there every evening in the cold and damp and i made myself really ill. i cant keep doing that Sad

i hope the ad IS good on eBay, I am really honest, but that isnt always good cos apaprently others arent and they manage to get away with real high prices and people buy and dont complain! But I cant BE dishonest!! and i suffer for it lol!! I hope someone does snap it up! Im feeling quite helpless cos I have had no interest, barring some bloke trying to fob me off with less than what i originally paid! i could trade in but i really dont want to waste all that work, no one will know about the engine and it wont be appreciated! i will be well miffed if it goes that way...

Anyway, dont be silly, dont you bid! You need to look after your wee beasty and get her up and ready before you can think about "cheating" lol!!

Oooo.. Article? Which one is this?!?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Facelift Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:25 am

Hi Esta-Jane,

It was your mum's article with that picture of you receiving your apprenticeship of the year award. It was refreshing to read at the time.

Well I really hope you find a buyer - that car just can't go to waste - maybe you should publicise it through some of the driver's clubs. They'd appreciate it. The car has so much potential. Perhaps being so close to christmas it is a bad time to sell (although you have no choice), I believe car dealers generally recognise this as a quiet time in the year.

I guess it's down to how long you can keep struggling with storing the car in borrowed space.

Good luck and try and hold out for the right buyer!

F.

Facelift

Back to top Go down

Post  db.08 Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:58 am

Hi Esta-Jane
How did you go with the selling of your XJ-S, any luck yet?
db.08
db.08

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:02 am

Well I withdrew the ad from eBay after someone made me an offer on Jack. I think he will be going to a good home which is why I accepted the offer, and with only a few hours left to go on eBay there were no bids, cos I dont remove if there are bids, not fair on them.

I have just had the full payment and now awaiting the good bye date... Crying or Very sad
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  db.08 Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:05 am

That's good news for you, well done.
Is he going to be living close by so you can see him around?
db.08
db.08

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down