Jaguar XJS Owners & Enthusiasts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Possible New Edition to the family!

Go down

Possible New Edition to the family! Empty Possible New Edition to the family!

Post  Dannyplum on Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:36 pm

Well... maybe... i`m looking for a 4wd saloon, and first option is the X Type, actually I lie, that`s the only one I`ve looked at, love the looks and it`s a Jaguar so it`ll sit well next to the XJS...

Anyone know much about them, what to look for, common faults etc? It`ll be around a 2003 SE spec, 4wd... As for the 4wd, it`s not just for our winters but the odd trip up some mountains in Europe so that`s a necessity. Hence why I`m not looking at Land Rovers... Land Rovers vs Autobahn/strasse's, they weren`t made for speed, and a Bowler Wildcat just hasn`t got the comfort..!

Any and all thoughts welcome!
Dannyplum
Dannyplum

Back to top Go down

Possible New Edition to the family! Empty Re: Possible New Edition to the family!

Post  Dannyplum on Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:25 am

Well I am now the new owner of an X Type, not the one I was originally looking at. SAVED by a quick HPI check, and so happy I did one!

I was looking at a 2003 SE with 72k on the clock. What the HPI showed up was it had actually done 140k in 2005, 135k in 2006, I`m guessing it had a clock change meaning it had actually done at least 210k miles, it had been a category C AND D write off in it`s life and also not that a plate change would bother me usually but 16 plate changes since it was born... My barge pole does not stretch that long, wide berth and have now bought a 2002 2.5 SE 4wd with 82k on the clock, beauty! Clean as a whistle, HPI all clear. It`s missing a couple of service stamps and receipts, but I`ve managed to track them down and should be in the post shortly... Happy days...
Dannyplum
Dannyplum

Back to top Go down