Jaguar XJS Owners & Enthusiasts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New XJS-er V12 Kent, UK

3 posters

Go down

New XJS-er V12 Kent, UK Empty New XJS-er V12 Kent, UK

Post  Dannyplum Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:47 am

Hi all,

new to the forum and figured I`d share what I learnt and no doubt pick a few brains and share the stories!
Picked up my Solent Blue XJS 1988 V12 HE with 78k genuine, couple months back in alright condition, considering the horror stories I`ve heard(!) and have since rebuilt the back end, front suspension/brakes, and cooling system plus a few upgrades along the way.

Back end is all standard, all parts removed, powder coated
Front end has uprated discs and pads, all parts removed, powder coated when necessary
Cooling system has twin electric fans, uprated/cooler fan thermostat switch, cooler thermostats, new pump with bearing and seal upgrade
Exhaust, lets say a bit sportier!

Lots more still to do, and sure I`ll be speaking to some of you guys soon enough!

Dannyplum
Dannyplum

Back to top Go down

New XJS-er V12 Kent, UK Empty Re: New XJS-er V12 Kent, UK

Post  db.08 Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:53 am

Welcome to the forum. You'll find lots of useful info on here.
Looking forward to some photos.
Dave
db.08
db.08

Back to top Go down

Post  Dannyplum Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:04 am

Hi Dave,
Will hopefully get some pics up next week, at the moment just doing some bodywork and it`s covered in dust and primer, (not the best for a photo shoot!) so will get some up when I`ve finished this leg.

Must say, getting very excited now, apart from up the drive (approx 5 metres with seized brakes) after the low loader dropped it off, this will be the first time I`ve actually driven the beast. Actually first time I`ve driven an XJS!

Can`t wait!
Dannyplum
Dannyplum

Back to top Go down

Post  db.08 Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:02 am

Dannyplum wrote:Hi Dave,
Actually first time I`ve driven an XJS!

!

That was the same with me! My car was the first time I'd driven one too.
db.08
db.08

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:04 am

Welcome to the fold!
Look forward to seeing some photos and your expertise and experience will be most useful for other users! Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.projectjaguar.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Dannyplum Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:39 am

"expertise and experience", very kind of you, although I know there`s alot more people with a lot more experience as I`m only 27, but anything I love and learn is there for the sharing! Gathering my Jag experience as I go, but i`d say my main fields of knowledge are Land Rovers, Porsches. Land Rover`s because I`m addicted to them, first car was a 1976 series III which I`m still trying to hunt down! One day...
Dannyplum
Dannyplum

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:38 am

Well i hope you find your Landy!
Funnily enough an old flame of mine turned up on eBay today, sadly not in a position to buy her back, but isnt it nice when you see them again Smile
And we all have something that can help others, no matter your age Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.projectjaguar.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  db.08 Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:15 am

Dannyplum wrote:"expertise and experience", very kind of you, although I know there`s alot more people with a lot more experience as I`m only 27, but anything I love and learn is there for the sharing! Gathering my Jag experience as I go, but i`d say my main fields of knowledge are Land Rovers, Porsches. Land Rover`s because I`m addicted to them, first car was a 1976 series III which I`m still trying to hunt down! One day...

You have good taste I must say!

I love Land Rovers too - I don't own one now and have only ever owned one in my life, a mid-eighties County V8 station wagon, but I love to get a Discovery one day.

Dave
db.08
db.08

Back to top Go down

Post  Dannyplum Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:16 am

They are great, and great to work on, could just sit in the engine bay working away. And it was a good lesson in electrics too. Driving home one night and all my lights just failed, and yes, the car behind was a police car. Happy days!

The Discoveries are great when they work, and amazing cars in the snow. I had the TD5 version a couple years ago, there`s a few things to look out for, but one of the best for comfort and capability. Would very quickly have one again! Especially with our winters, only owning two wheel or rear wheel drive vehicles, and living up a hill, I think I`m going to have some issues this year!
Dannyplum
Dannyplum

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum