WANTED for XJS Lattice or Starfish Type Wheels

Go down

WANTED for XJS Lattice or Starfish Type Wheels

Post  XJS Cab022 on Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:03 am

Hi everybody,
I'm looking for 1 or 2 lattice type xjs wheels. Would also consider 4 star fish type wheels also. I have good tyres so just the rims if need be.

Also anybody know of a good scrap yards for xjs parts around the West Midlands area?

thanks
XJS Cab022
XJS Cab022
XJS Cab022

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: WANTED for XJS Lattice or Starfish Type Wheels

Post  Admin on Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:12 am

Do you want the 15 inch of the 16's?
I was talking about this with a couple of Jaguar people at the weekend. One of the people in question wants lattice wheels, but he wants the 16's, AND apparently there are different ones for the XJS and the XJ40 (he owns an XJ40). Whereas I own a set of 15 inchers. I HATE the lattice alloys because they are a real pain to clean! They take FOREVER to clean properly if you want them to look real nice and shiney. Evil or Very Mad

XJS FORUM www.xjs-forum.forumotion.co.uk
Admin
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://www.projectjaguar.co.uk

Back to top Go down

15 inch... wheels lattice type

Post  XJS Cab022 on Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:33 am

I know what you mean about keeping them lattices clean! If I find some , I,ll make dust guards for the front wheels . Only good thing about inboard discs on rear is that those wheels stay a lot cleaner. That's why the star fish are good option, seeing the car came with one as a spare, they must of been on when she left the factory.
The real pisser is I had for off the donor car ,left them at a London garage who were gonna dispose of car for me to pick up later.When I went back they said some Pikey's had been in the area and had took them ( bull I reckon ).I would love to find a decent garage ...fed up of mickey takers.

such is life..

XJS Cab022
XJS Cab022

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:35 pm

Ugh that doesnt sound good at all! I cant believe some one would take them! Thats awful!
I like the starfish and also the late XJS 5-spoke wheels. Sooo easy to clean! I had a mad idea on getting some after market multi spoke wheels, but after cleaning the boyfriends RS wheels I decided that was a definate NO as well! So now as I do like the lattice wheels I will be getting them powder coated in a dark colour and getting the outers polished! Dirt problem Sorted! haha!! Cool

Anyway, thats not helping you find your wheels ... is there nothing on eBay? Last time I checked (about a month ago maybe?) there seemed to be loads?

XJS FORUM www.xjs-forum.forumotion.co.uk
Admin
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://www.projectjaguar.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down