Jaguar XJS Owners & Enthusiasts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

XJS Cabriolet - converted by Tickfords

3 posters

Go down

XJS Cabriolet - converted by Tickfords Empty XJS Cabriolet - converted by Tickfords

Post  Russell A Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:09 pm

Hi, I have a 1985 XJS Cabriolet. I have been told that the early ones, such as mine were converted by Tickfords at Aston Martin. Is this correct?
Russell

Russell A

Back to top Go down

XJS Cabriolet - converted by Tickfords Empty Re: XJS Cabriolet - converted by Tickfords

Post  Bjorn V Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:41 pm

Hi Russell.

Here is what I know. According to the book You and your Jaguar XJS by Nigel Thorley in the beginning it was like this.
The conventional bodyshell was produced ´in the white´ without roof atCastle Bromwich.
The body was then shiped to Park Sheet Metal in Coventry who modified it to cabriolet.
Body was then returned to Castle Bromwich for detailing and painting.
Then yet another transfer. This time to Browns Lane for mechanics, electrics and interior trim.
After this Aston comes in. The Car is now sent to Aston Martin Tickford for roof trimming and hood arangements.
Traveling was not over yet.
After the visit at Aston the car was sent back to Browns lane for exterior trim and final testing.

Quite complicated if you ask me. Wonder why they did not build that many of them...

Bjorn V
Bjorn V

Back to top Go down

XJS Cabriolet - converted by Tickfords Empty Complicated conversion procedure

Post  Russell A Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:47 pm

Hi Bjorn,
Thank you for this.
You are right - no wonder so few were built!!
Thank you
Russell

Russell A

Back to top Go down

XJS Cabriolet - converted by Tickfords Empty Re: XJS Cabriolet - converted by Tickfords

Post  db.08 Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:05 am

That's quite a complicated way of doing it. Smile
db.08
db.08

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down