Possible New Edition to the family!

Go down

Possible New Edition to the family!

Post  Dannyplum on Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:36 pm

Well... maybe... i`m looking for a 4wd saloon, and first option is the X Type, actually I lie, that`s the only one I`ve looked at, love the looks and it`s a Jaguar so it`ll sit well next to the XJS...

Anyone know much about them, what to look for, common faults etc? It`ll be around a 2003 SE spec, 4wd... As for the 4wd, it`s not just for our winters but the odd trip up some mountains in Europe so that`s a necessity. Hence why I`m not looking at Land Rovers... Land Rovers vs Autobahn/strasse's, they weren`t made for speed, and a Bowler Wildcat just hasn`t got the comfort..!

Any and all thoughts welcome!
Dannyplum
Dannyplum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Possible New Edition to the family!

Post  Dannyplum on Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:25 am

Well I am now the new owner of an X Type, not the one I was originally looking at. SAVED by a quick HPI check, and so happy I did one!

I was looking at a 2003 SE with 72k on the clock. What the HPI showed up was it had actually done 140k in 2005, 135k in 2006, I`m guessing it had a clock change meaning it had actually done at least 210k miles, it had been a category C AND D write off in it`s life and also not that a plate change would bother me usually but 16 plate changes since it was born... My barge pole does not stretch that long, wide berth and have now bought a 2002 2.5 SE 4wd with 82k on the clock, beauty! Clean as a whistle, HPI all clear. It`s missing a couple of service stamps and receipts, but I`ve managed to track them down and should be in the post shortly... Happy days...
Dannyplum
Dannyplum

View user profile

Back to top Go down