Headlining for XJS with Sunroof?

Go down

Headlining for XJS with Sunroof?

Post  Dannyplum on Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:07 am

Anyone had any experience sourcing a headlining kit for an XJS with sunroof? Have found a few kits for without sunroof that do the fiberglass instead of biscuit board, but absolutely no joy on anything for sunroof versions.

May have to bite the bullet and buy the re-headlining fabric and do it myself otherwise...
Dannyplum
Dannyplum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Headlining for XJS with Sunroof?

Post  db.08 on Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:04 am

Sorry Crying or Very sad can't help you with that one.
Unless Martin Robey has one Laughing (The only UK name I know)
db.08
db.08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dannyplum on Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:47 am

I had actually tried them but everyone is saying the same thing, if there`s a sunroof, there`s issues getting the parts! Shame, as apparently the new one`s are fibreglass so they won`t flake away like the standard 'biscuit' version Jag originally fitted.

Had a quote from a vehicle upholstererererer and all seem to be around the £600, whereas if no sunroof fitted £300, and that`d still be using the original biscuit.

Think I`m gonna be getting my hands dirty again. Will post the pics up when I get around to doing it for everyone to laugh at my attempts at upholstery Laughing
Dannyplum
Dannyplum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  db.08 on Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:55 am

This is something that I will obviously have trouble with at some point in the future then because my XJ-S has a sunroof too.
It was sold new with a sliding steel sunroof but this has since been replaced with a sliding glass Webasto Hollandia, so to replace the roof lining will be more expensive too no doubt Crying or Very sad
db.08
db.08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dannyplum on Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:26 am

The joys of owning a Jaguar! I didn`t think a sunroof was necessary for me when I was looking but they haven`t got great head room, and I prefer the lines of the coupe to the convertible, so at 6ft 4 it`s a nice bit of extra head room to hide my head in!

When I get round to doing the headlining, I`ll see if there`s do's and dont's. It looks relatively straight forward with the main problem area being the sunroof itself. Back to the fun! Smile
Dannyplum
Dannyplum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  db.08 on Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:40 am

I'm glad you raised this issue.
I must say that I find the headroom rather restricted and I'm only 176 cm. As it is, my head hits the roof unless I slide down in my seat and adopt a driving position which is much more relaxed than I normally would!
Is this normal with the XJ-S or am I the only one?
The sunroof does sort of help, but then not really as I then have to tilt my head sideways towards the centre of the car (where the sunroof is) to get the extra headroom. scratch
I'd be interested to hear the thoughts of others on this.
My car has at some point, I think, had different seats put in from a later model XJ-S and I did wonder if this has anything to do with it.
Dave

db.08
db.08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dannyplum on Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:06 pm

I am exactly the same, it`s nice to have the sunroof there but kinking my head to fit into the sunroof aperture is a must (but by far the solution), or as you said, slide down the seat! I haven`t even looked into seat options at the moment, but I was considering shortening the seat runners to make them slightly shallower to the floor. I`m not even sure if this can be done as I haven`t even looked at the bases yet to see how they`re setup, another thing to put on the list!

I don`t know if it will help, but can always measure my seats from my 1988 so you have something to compare to?
Dannyplum
Dannyplum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down