Jaguar XJS Owners & Enthusiasts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ex Andrew Whyte Pre-production XJ-C

2 posters

Go down

ex Andrew Whyte Pre-production XJ-C Empty ex Andrew Whyte Pre-production XJ-C

Post  db.08 Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:39 am

I've just managed to buy the ex Andrew Whyte XJ-C which has been in Australia for many years.
It is complete but needs some refurbishment, but importantly still has the modifications that Andrew made to it when he was at Jaguar, namely no vinyl roof, modified front bumper over-riders and series 1 lower grille.
Apparently he believed that all the coupes should have those mods done but Jaguar disagreed, and his car became known as the only XJ-C to leave the factory without a vinyl roof.
If there is anyone reading this who may know some of the car's history I would dearly love to hear from them.
I have been told that the car may have been imported into Australia by a Qantas pilot, but there are currently big gaps in the car's history, basically from when A.W. departed company with it until it was with the owner who I bought the car from (although he did own it for twelve years in New South Wales).
It was A.W.'s company car when he was in charge of P.R at Jaguar but he bought the car and took it with him when he left to become an author.
The photo of the car in its younger days was taken in Andrew's driveway at Ettington.
The car is featured in Andrew Whyte's book "Jaguar XK - forty years on" but I have been unsuccessful so far in sourcing a copy of that book in Australia. If anyone knows where I might find a copy I would be very grateful.
Thanks.
Dave

ex Andrew Whyte Pre-production XJ-C AWXJ-C

ex Andrew Whyte Pre-production XJ-C XJC14

ex Andrew Whyte Pre-production XJ-C XJC13

ex Andrew Whyte Pre-production XJ-C XJC12

ex Andrew Whyte Pre-production XJ-C XJC9

ex Andrew Whyte Pre-production XJ-C XJC7

ex Andrew Whyte Pre-production XJ-C XJC6

ex Andrew Whyte Pre-production XJ-C XJC5

ex Andrew Whyte Pre-production XJ-C XJC4

ex Andrew Whyte Pre-production XJ-C XJC3

ex Andrew Whyte Pre-production XJ-C XJC2

ex Andrew Whyte Pre-production XJ-C XJC15

ex Andrew Whyte Pre-production XJ-C XJC11

db.08
db.08

Back to top Go down

ex Andrew Whyte Pre-production XJ-C Empty Re: ex Andrew Whyte Pre-production XJ-C

Post  Admin Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:11 am

Certainly looks like its going to be a fun project!
ITs lovely looking, but im afraid i know very little of the XJ-C and info on it. IF i do come across anything I will let you know!!
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.projectjaguar.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum